Richard A. Beyerlein, MD
MD, FACOG, Board-Certified. Christine Trowbridge, RN
Obstetrics, Gynecology & Infertility
Dr. Beyerlein has been passionately committed to improving women’s health care for over 30 years. When Dr. Beyerlein founded Pacific Women’s Center in 1996, it was with the hope of providing an atmosphere where physicians can continually strive for excellence and provide state of the art care, in all phases and aspects of a woman’s life.
Because of his commitment to women’s health care, Dr. Beyerlein has taken on a variety of leadership, teaching, and mentorship roles in the fields of obstetrics, gynecology, and gynecologic surgery. He has served as the chief of obstetrics and gynecology departments at both PeaceHealth Hospital and McKenzie-Willamette Medical Center. He has also served on each hospital’s executive and hospital quality assurance committees.
Dr. Beyerlein has guest lectured throughout the United States and abroad on a variety of subjects in the fields of obstetrics, gynecology, and gynecologic surgery. These teaching experiences provided Dr. Beyerlein with the privilege and opportunity to meet, learn from, teach with, and be taught by some of the most highly respected physicians in the world.
Dr. Beyerlein has also worked to advanced women’s health care by serving as a principal investigator for over 25 years for studies developing testing and treatments for a wide variety of , including endometriosis, cervical cancer prevention, uterine leiomyoma, management of post-menopausal disorders.
In recognition of these efforts, and his steadfast commitment to women’s health care, Dr. Beyerlein has received multiple awards for his outstanding performance in the study of medicine, for excellence in teaching, and his research contribution in the fields of obstetrics and gynecology.
Dr. Beyerlein is proud to be happily married for over 30 years and grateful to have raised three wonderful children (along with multiple animals, including cats, dogs, and a horse).
- Gynecological Surgery
It has always been my passion to be better than I am- as a person, physician, and as an activist in the cause of good medicine. I also believe in being a strong participant in this life. Together, these are some of the reasons I became a physician. They are also governing principles. As individuals, we are motivated to continuously improve, to always put patients above all else and to contribute to medicine with the strongest sense of ethic and integrity. Ultimately, my practice- and reputation for excellence- is the result of my passion.
Little Known Fact Dr. Beyerlein served as an invited medical ambassador to China and Mongolia for the Dwight D. Eisenhower foundation.
CURRICULUM VITAE: RICHARD A. BEYERLEIN, MD, CPI, FACOG
- Diplomate, American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Certified Principal Investigator for Association of Clinical Research Professionals/Academy of Pharmaceutical Physician Investigators.
1996 – Present
Founder, Partner and OB/GYN Specialist, Pacific Women’s Center, LLC, Eugene, Oregon
2005 – Present
President/CEO and Founder, Clinical Trials of America, Inc., Eugene, Oregon
Assistant Clinical Professor, OHSU, Portland, Oregon
2008 – Present
Chairman/Board of Directors, Clinical Trials (India) Private Limited, Bangalore/New Delhi, India
2008 – 2010
Chief of Service, Obstetrics and Gynecology, McKenzie-Willamette Hospital, Springfield, Oregon
2001 – 2002
Division Chief, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Sacred Heart Medical Center, Eugene, Oregon
1997 – 2002
President, Northwest Surgery Center, Eugene, Oregon
Founder/Medical Director, Pacific Office Procedural Program, Eugene, Oregon
Founding Member/Executive Council Member, Northwest Medical Group, Eugene, Oregon
Founding Member, Northwest Surgical Centers, PC, Eugene, Oregon
1991 – 1996
Founding Member; Member, Board of Directors, Oregon Medical Group, Eugene, Oregon
1991 – 1996
Member-Pension and Benefits Committee, Oregon Medical Group, Eugene, Oregon
1991 – 1996
Member, Oregon Research Advisory Committee, Eugene, Oregon
1991 – 1996
Co-Founder, Clinic for Women, Eugene, Oregon
1990 – 1991
Partnership, Practicing Obstetrics, Gynecology & Infertility, Eugene, Oregon
OB/GYN Specialist, Solo Practice, Obstetrics, Gynecology & Infertility, Springfield, Oregon
Residency, Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program, University of California, Irvine Medical Center, Orange, California
Internship, Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California, Irvine Medical Center, Orange, California
Medical School Oregon Health Sciences University, Alpha Omega Alpha Honors, Portland, Oregon
Undergraduate, Oregon State University, Cum laude, Corvallis, Oregon
- Compassionate Care Award, RiverBend Hospital
- Outstanding Physician Award, RiverBend Hospital Surgery Department
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Oregon Health Sciences University
- Consumer’s Research Council of America
- America’s Top Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Ortho Corporation Award, Outstanding Clinical Research
- Outstanding Resident Teaching Award, University California at Irvine
- University of California at Irvine – Junior Residents Award
- Lemon Award, Outstanding Study in Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Phi Kappa Phi, Scholastic Society
- Delta Tau Delta, Scholastic Honors at Graduation
- Delta Tau Delta, Scholastic Honors at Entrance
- Who’s Who of Executives and Professionals
- Cambridge Who’s Who
- America’s Top Obstetricians and Gynecologists,
- Consumer Research Council of America
- Member, Association of Clinical Research Professionals, APPI
- Member, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology – F.A.C.O.G.
- Member, Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Member, Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Member, Lane County Medical Society
- Member, Oregon Medical Association
- Member, Lane Individual Practice Association
MEDICAL STAFF PRIVILEGES:
Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend – Active Staff
McKenzie-Willamette Hospital – Active Staff
McKenzie Surgery Center – Active Staff
RiverBend Day Surgery – Active Staff
Investigator or principal investigator for more than 100 clinical trials since 1982; author of numerous studies & articles published in Journal of American Medical Association, American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology, American Journal of Obstetrics, The Monitor.
Numerous abstracts & presentations for global conferences, teaching institutions, hospitals, medical societies, private practices, media outlets, research organizations nationwide, and movie consultant.